List of Tests
Basic Nitrox -
Basic Nitrox Exam
Theory evalution of diving with EANX/Nitrox gas mixes
1. What is Caissons disease?
. A genetic condition
. Decompression ilness first found in bridge construction workers
. Lung over expansion injury
. A bovine condition mainly found in domestic cattle
2. What is EANX/Nitrox?
. A gas used by divers combining 21% Oxygen & 79% Nitrogen
. Nitrogen enriched air
. Oxygen enriched air
. A coctail drink, invented in Sydney Australia by Herman Shanks
3. EANX/Nitrox is used by divers to:
. Increase bottom time and dive deeper
. Increase bottom time and reduce deco requirements
. Eliminate decompression requirments and dive deeper
. Reduce narcosis and eliminate decompression requirements
4. The use of EANX/Nitrox gas mixes:
. Allows the diver to ignore decompression probability
. Does not realte to decompression illness
. Still requires the diver to be aware of decompression illness
. Greatly reduces the probability of decompression illness
5. What is the depth in metres/feet at 4 ATA?
6. What would the gas mix containing 32% Oxygen and 68% Nitrogen be called?
. EANX 32/68
. EANX 68
. EANX 68/32
. EANX 32
7. What would a gas mix containg 38% Oxygen and 62% Nitrogen be called?
. EANX 38
. Nitrous Oxide
. EANX 38/62
. EANX 62
8. What ideally should be written on a EANX7Nitrox decal/sticker?
. Date, MOD, O2 content, and blenders name
. Date, O2 content, time, and anylisers name
. Avg depth, O2 content, anylisers name, and dive plan
. Date, MOD, O2 content, and anylisers name
9. What colour should a EANX/Nitrox decal sticker be ideally?
. Yellow and Green
. Yellow and Black
. Depends on your local law authority
10. Who anylises EANX/Nitrox gas mixes?
. The Blender
. The diver
. The blender and diver
. Your parent or guardian
11. A diver using EANX/Nitrox can use air tables to calculate the dive plan.
12. Use the Pressure T to answer the following questions: What is the MOD for EANX/Nitrox 38% with a PO2 of 1.5?
13. What is the MOD for EANX 30% with a PO2 OF 1.4?
14. What is the MOD of EANX 40% with a PO2 of 1.6?
15. What is the PO2 of EANX 32% at a depth of 28m/93ft?
16. What is the PO2 of EANX 40% at a depth of 20m/66ft?
17. What is the PO2 of EANX 36% at a depth of 40m/132ft?
18. What is the best mix for a dive to 32m/107ft using a PO2 of 1.4?
19. What is the best mix for a dive to 30m/99ft using a PO2 of 1.4?
20. What is the best mix of a dive to 35m/116ft using a PO2 of 1.5?
haven't done the quiz
Love the nitrox test is there more I can take?
Find out more here